Pflugerville Banner
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Bookmark and Share
File #: 2021-0951    Version: 1 Name: CMTA ILA Amendment No 1
Type: Agenda Item Status: Approved
File created: 9/3/2021 In control: City Manager Office
On agenda: 9/14/2021 Final action: 9/14/2021
Title: Approving Amendment No. 1 to an Interlocal Agreement with Capital Metropolitan Transit Authority (CMTA) and authorizing the City Manager to execute said agreement.
Attachments: 1. Pflugerville Pickup ILA - Amendment 1, 2. Service Area Map, 3. Interlocal Agreement, 4. Pickup Pilot - Metrics
Title
Approving Amendment No. 1 to an Interlocal Agreement with Capital Metropolitan Transit Authority (CMTA) and authorizing the City Manager to execute said agreement.

Summary
The City of Pflugerville allocated funding in the FY21 and FY22 budgets for public transportation services. This funding was allocated for the implementation of a transit pilot program. Staff began working with CMTA representatives to design a pilot that could reasonably gauge the viability of continued transit investment in Pflugerville in the future and that pilot program commenced on March 23, 2021. The local contribution rate required to fund these operations is 60%. The remaining 40% federal share is available through the use of 5307 funds through the Federal Transit Authority (FTA) which are attributed to Pflugerville's proportional share of the urbanized area population. As of July 31, 2021, $139,086 ($83,452 Pflugerville Funding plus 55,634 Federal Funding) have been expended for the pilot program.

The pilot covers a 3.3 square mile service area, which is generally located along the Pecan Street corridor. Please refer to the attached map. The estimated budget for this pilot would cost a total of $500,392. This estimate includes the required local match of $300,235 with the balance coming from federal 5307 funds in the amount of $200,157. An additional $10,000 is committed for marketing and promotion efforts with support from CMTA. Included in the estimate is the cost to run the pilot for 12 months with two vehicles and an option for a third, should it be needed for peak hour demands within the 3.3. sq. mi. service area provided in the agreement.

As a supplement to the ILA, a series of Pickup Pilot Metrics have been developed that correlate to the Pflugerville Transit Development Plan (TDP) Goals. The metrics will be adopted administratively via a memorandum of understanding between Capital Metro and the City. During implementation of the pilot, reports on these metri...

Click here for full text